For only $… you will receive the following items with your purchase:
ETF Timing Data – The latest version (no older than one month old) of an Excel spreadsheet which provides the following tabs of information:
- Returns Summary – This tab summarizes the annual returns of all three ETF Timing strategies (using TD Ameritrade, Vanguard, and Charles Schwab), as well as all comparison investing strategies such as buying and holding an S&P 500 fund, or a balanced mix of funds composed of 60% stocks and 40% bonds.
- Strategy Rules – A summary of the rules used for each of the strategies. The rules are discussed in more detail in the Manual.
- Future Trades – This tab lists the trades you would make if you decide to follow one of the strategies with part or all of your portfolio. The trades are provided for at least five years into the future beyond the date of your purchase. Note: I plan to offer a 50% discount to all past customers in the future. so if you want to purchase an updated spreadsheet and Manual as you approach the end of the 5-year period, you can do so at half the then-current price.
- Daily Data – This tab is the heart of the system. It includes data for all of the funds (or their corresponding index) going back for 30 years, and going forward for at least 5 years. The data is then used on other tabs to calculate monthly/annual returns.
- Monthly Data – This tab takes the daily data and summarizes returns in a monthly format, and then has three tables with 10-year, 20-year, and 30-year returns for each fund as well as the percentage of the months over that period that the funds had a positive return. This information is then used to decide which funds to be in at any given time of the year.
- Monthly Fund Summary – This tab provides the summary of the best funds to be in during each month of the year. This is the key to the various timing strategies.
- UE Rate Data – This tab provides unemployment rate data which is used to time the top of bull markets and exit the Enhanced strategy (and enter the ETF “SH” if you decide to follow that aggressive approach). This is a key component of the Bull/Bear strategy, along with a monthly charting method which is used to time re-entry into the markets using the Enhanced strategy.
- Bull/Bear Summary – This tab provides a summary of when this strategy exited and re-entered the stock markets during the last two bear markets (2000-03 and 2007-09). There can be no guarantee that it will work for every bear market, but so far so good, and it will be continually re-evaluated in the future.
- Tweaks – This tab provides some background information on how some of the tweaks to improve performance in the Enhanced strategy were developed.
ETF Timing Manual – A pdf document containing a complete description and instructions for use of the ETF Timing Data spreadsheet. This Manual includes an introduction, then sections thoroughly describing all of the information on each tab of the spreadsheet described above, including information on how the various strategies were developed.
Please note, before you make your purchase, please make sure you have the ability to open and work with a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. Due to the nature of this product there can be no refunds; see refund policy on the under the “About” menu.